RU / EN
Main / About / History

History

Before the Great Patriotic War broke out, Gostorgotdel had been responsible for supervising retail outlets in Minsk. The organization shut down in July 1941. Gostorgotdel resumed its operation as part of the executive committee of the Minsk City Council of Deputies of Workers in July 1944. The accounting department opened here following Executive Order No. 748 of the BSSR Council of Ministers dated 17 July 1953.

On 1 September 1955 the trade department was reorganized into the trade office of the Minsk City Council of Deputies of Workers following the relevant resolution of the BSSR Council of Ministers dated 22 July 1955 and Executive Order No.851 of the Minsk City Council of Deputies of Workers dated 11 August 1955.

In line with Executive Order No.320 of the Minsk City Hall dated 17 April 1997, the trade office and the agriculture and food office of the Minsk City Hall were reorganized into the Central Office for Consumer Market. Following Executive Order No.160 of the Minsk City Hall dated 5 February 2002, the public catering office was merged with the Central Office for Consumer Market.

Upon Executive Order No.729 of the Minsk City Hall dated 24 March 2011, Minskgorpishcheprom was reorganized and incorporated into the state-run organization Central Office for Consumer Market.